The Law of Ukraine
On Protection of Information in Automated Systems
Date of Entry into Force:
August 4, 1994
The Law of Ukraine “On Protection of Information in Automated Systems” regulates legal relations concerning protection of information in automated systems, determines rights of access and limit of access to such information. This Law shall be applied to any information which is processed in automated systems.
This Law protects the following objects:
- information processed in automated systems;
- rights of this information owners;
- rights of automated systems owners;
- rights of the automated systems users.
The Law regulates relations between:
- information and automated systems owners;
- information owner and user;
- automated systems owner and user.
The Law sets requirements concerning protection of information in automated systems. It is envisaged that subdivisions and services which organize work connected with protection of information in automated systems may be created in state establishments and organizations.
Concerning international activity in the field of protection of information in automated systems the Law permits foreign states, foreign natural persons and legal entities to:
- own automated systems in Ukraine;
- owner information which is distributed and processed in automated systems in Ukraine;
- found joint-stock enterprises with the purpose of automated systems creation, delivery of information to automated systems of Ukraine, exchange information between automated systems of Ukraine and of other states.